Monday, May 10, 2010

Bobble Diaper Cover



Just finished knitting this cute little diaper cover for the new babes last night (I still have to sew in the thread ends but let's face it, I never get that done anyways!). I've been eyeing up this Manos del Uruguay yarn for ages waiting for the right project. As soon as I saw this project in "Boho Baby Knits: Groovy Patterns for Cool Tots" by Kat Coyle I knew it was meant to be. The yarn is 30% silk and 70% merino and is oh so soft. It is hand-dyed by women in Uruguay. The organization's aim is to bring economic and social opportunities to rural women in the country. I've started knitting the bobble top hat that goes with the diaper cover. After all, every baby needs a special knit. I can't wait to see his/her little bum wrapped up in this! The flash made this second picture a little wonky but I wanted to show how cute the cuff looks undone.

No comments:

Post a Comment