Monday, May 10, 2010

Let's Learn to Button!





Since I am now home with Miss G every day I thought I'd create a few learning activities that we can practice together. I sewed this button-hole activity in less than 5 minutes (I knew I was saving those buttons for a reason!). It provides a couple of learning experiences. Firstly, the toddler learns to associate like colours with eachother by matching the different coloured squares of felt. Secondly, the toddler learns to do and un-do buttons by putting the squares together and passing the button through the hole. I like that the felt is easy to work with, required very little sewing and that the button holes are not too rigid for her little fingers. I'm hoping to create some dressing frames similar to the ones at montessorimom.com so we can practice zippers, laces and velcro next!

No comments:

Post a Comment